Keagan's First Airplane Trip June 2008


We Love San Francisco!

Leilani, Keagan and Anthony

Our Hostess with the Mostess

Gotta eat at Joe's Crab Shack

Some of you may think that I was a little crazy attempting this by myself me being a lover of flying...ha! I, by myself, took Keagan on her first airplane ride and it wasn't an easy one....two layovers later...we touched down in San Francisco at 11:30pm their time...it was 2:30am our time! Whew! We only had 2 small incidents...she decided it was a good idea to get out of her stroller in not one airport but 2 airports! Once in Grand Rapids, MI so not a big deal, small airport not may places to go. The seconded time she decided to escape was at Bush International Airport in Houston, TX! I almost killed her...she was laughing an running away from me smiling all the way down the concourse! Of course no one stopped her for me. I probably would have given them a medal for helping me out!

After we finally got our luggage, etc and we were off to Amanda and Steve's house in Walnut Creek for the next 10 days! Amanda and Steve went to Hawaii for their 10th Anniversary and for Amanda's 35th birthday. We had a blast with Leilani and Anthony. We were there for Leilani when she graduated from preschool. It was our last day in California and the weather was fantastic! It happened to be 110 that day in the shade! But it is dry heat , no humidity and I loved it! It was sad to go but on our way home we again had a layover at Bush and got to eat dinner with Aunt Beth...thanks Aunt Beth.... so that made it easier. The trip home was filled with layovers and delays and we ended up arriving back in Grand Rapids, MI at 1:30 am instead of the original 11:00 pm we were supposed to! I have told Eddie that I will not be traveling with the kids again for a while unless he is with me!