Football Game # 3

Eddie here, trying my hand. Game #3 was a bright and early one, with the coach requiring the kids to be there at 8am for the 9am kickoff. Blech. So Amie and Keiki stayed home, while Caleb and I met my brother Brendan at the field and squinted into the rising sun. The Golden Eagles played the #1 team in the league, and several of Nik's old teammates were on this squad. Unfortunately, the Eagles got crushed 36-0, but we still had a fun time watching Nik. The game also saw Nik's move to a new position: Linebacker. He seems to get a lot more into the action this way so I like it. He made a few tackles and overall I was impressed with his instinct to get in and mix it up. He did get hurt just a little after ending up in the bottom of a pile, but he bounced back a few plays later. Good thing we got him some new helmet pads and a new mouthguard this week!!!
not afraid to mix it up

piling on

c'mon, run to MY side so I can hit you!

Finally! I got 'em!